I have a handful of veggie side dishes I keep in my back pocket. Roasted cauliflower with chimichurri, sweet potatoes with hot honey, and grapefruit and avocado salad are on repeat at our house. They’re all flavor-packed with lots of herbs and a little sweetness, and I can always count on them to bring the wow factor to any meal. These roasted carrots with a honey-lime yogurt sauce are the newest addition to my all-star lineup.
This dish is earthy and sweet, and the high-temperature roasting brings out that delicious char that makes caramelized carrots so deliciously addictive. Sticky dates on top complement the tangy lime yogurt, and of course an added crunch from almonds brings it all together. If you’re looking for a vibrant and flavorful way to enjoy carrots, bookmark this one as a new favorite.
Shown above on our newest stoneware serving piece, the Sharing Platter.
Charred Carrots with Honey-Lime Yogurt, Dates, and Almonds
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 1/3 cup pitted dates, sliced
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 4 thinly-sliced scallions
- garnish: chopped dill, flaky salt, and freshly ground black pepper
for the honey-lime yogurt sauce:
- 1 cup full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Pinch of Aleppo pepper or red-pepper flakes Kosher salt
- Flaky salt, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, toss the carrots with the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, and toss to evenly coat. Spread out and roast, flipping about halfway through, until the carrots are golden brown and tender (about 25 to 30 minutes).
- Meanwhile, make the yogurt by whisking all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Spread the yogurt on the bottom of a platter and arrange roasted carrots on top. Scatter dates, almonds, and scallions on top, and finish with a sprinkle of dill, flaky salt and pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil. Eat!